Software Engineer (Ruby on Rails)
- Full-Time, Remote
- 4 hours/day overlap with UTC-5
- Mid to Senior Level
- Report to CTO
We at OmbuLabs and FastRuby.io are looking for mid and senior level Software Engineers. At OmbuLabs we create quality software and provide value to startups and big companies. At FastRuby.io we upgrade Rails and Ruby for outdated projects.
As part of our team you will develop exciting new software for our clients and help us build their projects from the ground up. You will apply Agile/Lean methodologies, participate in our daily scrums, perform experiments, and play a key role in improving our code on a daily basis.
We are looking for someone who loves, or is excited to learn the following:
Please apply even if you don't check all the boxes. This list is just a guide to let you know what to expect from this position, but we are a dynamic team of individuals always eager to learn. Maybe you are not too experienced with this or that. No problem. Perhaps this is the challenge you have been waiting for. We want to hear from you.
- A team player who loves to collaborate on projects
- Solid knowledge of object-oriented programming (OOP) and design
- Some experience with the tools we currently use
- A decision maker
- Someone detail-oriented, but also pragmatic
About this Role
So, what will YOU be doing exactly? Basically, you’ll be helping our team design and develop awesome software for our clients.Some of your tasks will include:
- Write code that is simple, easy to maintain and clear
- Design architectures, services, and solutions
- Pair program with Developers
- Coach Junior Developers
- Code review pull requests
- Write blog posts and contribute to open source
This is a remote, full-time position. We require at least a 4 hours overlap with our main timezone (Eastern Standard Time).
Here are just a few other things that will help you hit the ground running Understanding and experience in the Agile/Lean environments Advanced or native English level
About Our Company
We are an agile team who writes lean software to grow and improve businesses. We’re a boutique agency, helping everyone from small dev teams to large-scale companies.
Before you apply, please read about our core values.
We are currently a small team consisting of about 8 software engineers, 2 project managers, and one administrative assistant. Our favorite movie of all time is Back to the Future (yes, we all love it! ⏰⬅️🚗💨⚡️)
Our team currently enjoys these benefits:
- Flexible work hours
- Relaxed company environment
- Work remotely or from a coworking space anywhere
- Competitive salary based on experience
- Raises based on performance every 6 months
- Tickets to conferences
- Parental leave: 8 weeks 100% paid, up to 6 months off
- One team retreat per year (last team retreat was in Punta Cana)
- English classes with our teacher (for non-native speakers)
- Two-weeks paid vacation (plus one day per year with the company)
- Local holidays (you get the holidays from the country you live in)
- $400 stipend per year for home office improvements
Diversity Matters to Us
OmbuLabs believes that there is great importance in fostering a diverse workplace. We are actively working to build diversity on our team.
OmbuLabs (The Lean Software Boutique LLC) does not discriminate in employment matters on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, military service eligibility, veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, or any other protected class.
We believe that diverse teams are smarter teams. There is value in all kinds of diversity. Making sure that we assemble our teams with talented and diverse people from all over the world is the best way to stay competitive in an industry with major problems in diversity.