Software Engineer (React.js)
- Full-time, 40 hours/week, Remote
- 4 hours/day overlap with UTC-5
- Mid to Senior Level
As part of our small and dynamic team you’ll be working on both client and internal projects. Our client projects are for very small to very large companies and everything in between. Projects range from shorter engagements of just a few weeks to multi-month commitments. Being an active and involved team member will help you succeed in this role. We value good communication and a willingness to learn!
We Want to Hear from You if You Love:
- React Testing Library
- Implementing Responsive Designs
This is intended as a guide to what you can expect from our company. We’d still love to hear from you even if you don’t meet all of the job requirements; we appreciate people who like a challenge! Our team is made up of dynamic individuals who are eager to learn and share ideas, just like you. Please apply even if you don’t check off all the boxes.
- A team player who loves to collaborate on projects
- Well-versed in React.js
- An excellent communicator and collaborator
- Someone who can make decisions and talk through their reasoning
- Able to balance speed and quality
- Experienced in Agile/Lean environments
- An Advanced or native-level English speaker
Does any of this sound like you? If so, we want to hear from you!
About this Role
As a Software Developer at OmbuLabs, you’ll be part of a highly-skilled team who partner with clients on a variety of projects including upgrades, feature work, and maintenance.Some of your tasks will include:
- Writing code that is simple, easy to maintain, and clear
- Communicating with and demoing work to clients
- Refactoring code to optimize for performance
- Pair programing with colleagues
- Coaching Junior Developers
- Conducting code reviews on pull requests
- Participating in a variety of non-technical internal projects. We’re a small organization and we all engage in a variety of supporting activities outside of our primary skill sets.
- Writing blog posts and contributing to open source projects of your choice
This is a remote, full-time position. We require a minimum 4-hour overlap with Eastern Standard Time (UTC-5).
About Our Company
OmbuLabs is a boutique agency made up of talented individuals. We are an inclusive team who value diversity of all kinds. We help our clients feel confident that we understand their needs and always strive to go above and beyond expectations. We care about each other and the work that we do. As an organization we prioritize a sustainable and flexible work environment that enables us to balance our lives with providing high-quality expert support to our clients.
Before you apply, please read about our core values.
We are a small team of full-time employees and contractors. Currently, our team is about 25 people, but growing quickly. We really like each other and value our team culture of openness and fun. One thing about us is that our favorite movie is Back to the Future (yes, we all love it! ⏰⬅️🚗💨⚡️)
Our team currently enjoys these benefits:
- Remote work from anywhere (we currently have team members in 8 countries).
- Flexible hours. We only require a 4-hour overlap between 9am to 5pm UTC-5 (i.e. East Coast Time).
- We offer competitive salaries and career growth opportunities.
- Paid open source time during working hours. We want you to work on passion projects!
- $400 yearly stipend for your home office.
- Optional $400 a month stipend for a co-working space.
- $1000 a year learning budget.
- Yearly team retreats. The last one was in Punta Cana, Dominican Republic.
- Parental leave of 8 weeks 100% paid and up to 6 months off.
- 2 weeks paid vacation, plus one day for every year with the company, and holidays. We also offer flexible sick days and personal time off.
- The whole team takes off the last week of the year.
- We encourage you to take off holidays your country celebrates.
- English classes for non-native speakers
- A work laptop (MacBook Pro)
- Tickets to conferences
Ready to Apply? Great!
Our application is a quick questionnaire. We don’t require a cover letter or resume. Instead, we have a few questions for you to answer.
OmbuLabs believes in workplace diversity. We encourage qualified candidates from all backgrounds and parts of the world to apply.
OmbuLabs (The Lean Software Boutique LLC) does not discriminate in employment matters on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, military service eligibility, veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status, special needs/conditions, or any other protected class.
We believe that diverse teams are smarter teams. There is value in diversity. Ensuring that our teams include talented and diverse people from all over the world helps us to stay competitive in an industry lacking in diversity.