Lead Software Engineer
- Full-time, 40 hours/week
Scope of Responsibility
Design architecture, services and solutions in a collaborative environment for company clients (from start-ups to Fortune 500 companies providing software as a service) applying the principles and methodologies of Agile or Lean software development
Code review pull requests from in-house colleagues
Pair program with in-house and external developers in order to deliver quality working software to productions for both internal and client projects
Coach in-house junior developers to write pragmatic code for web applications using best practices
Daily participation in scrums
Perform IT experiments to improve operations, conversion rates and client engagement
We want to hear from you if you meet these requirements:
- Fluency in English
- Five years of experience as a Software Engineer performing web application development and object-oriented design using Ruby, Rails, and Git in an Agile or Lean environment. Experience must include extreme programming, pair programming, test-driven development, sprints, backlogs, backlog grooming, code reviewing, and staging and production environments.
- Two years of experience using the following tools:
About Our Company
OmbuLabs is a boutique agency made up of talented individuals. We are an inclusive team who value diversity of all kinds. We help our clients feel confident that we understand their needs and always strive to go above and beyond expectations. We care about each other and the work that we do. As an organization we prioritize a sustainable and flexible work environment that enables us to balance our lives with providing high-quality expert support to our clients.
Before you apply, please read about our core values.
We are a small team of full-time employees and contractors. Currently, our team is about 25 people, but growing quickly. We really like each other and value our team culture of openness and fun. One thing about us is that our favorite movie is Matilda (yes, we all love it! 🎀📚🏫🦎).
Our team currently enjoys these benefits:
- Remote work from anywhere (we currently have team members in 8 countries).
- Flexible hours. We only require a 4-hour overlap between 9am to 5pm UTC-5 (i.e. East Coast Time).
- We offer competitive salaries and career growth opportunities.
- Paid open source time during working hours. We want you to work on passion projects!
- $400 yearly stipend for your home office.
- Optional $400 a month stipend for a co-working space.
- $1000 a year learning budget.
- Yearly team retreats. The last one was in Punta Cana, Dominican Republic.
- Parental leave of 8 weeks 100% paid and up to 6 months off.
- 2 weeks paid vacation, plus one day for every year with the company, and holidays. We also offer flexible sick days and personal time off.
- The whole team takes off the last week of the year.
- We encourage you to take off holidays your country celebrates.
- English classes for non-native speakers
- A work laptop (MacBook Pro)
- Tickets to conferences
Ready to Apply? Great!
Our application is a quick questionnaire. We don’t require a cover letter or resume. Instead, we have a few questions for you to answer.
OmbuLabs believes in workplace diversity. We encourage qualified candidates from all backgrounds and parts of the world to apply.
OmbuLabs (The Lean Software Boutique LLC) does not discriminate in employment matters on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, military service eligibility, veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status, special needs/conditions, or any other protected class.
We believe that diverse teams are smarter teams. There is value in diversity. Ensuring that our teams include talented and diverse people from all over the world helps us to stay competitive in an industry lacking in diversity.