Biz Dev Coordinator
- Full-Time, Remote
- 4 hours/day overlap with UTC-5
- Mid to Senior Level
- Integrator (Operations)
We at OmbuLabs are looking for our next great Business Development Coordinator. We create quality software and provide value to startups and big companies.
As part of our team you will make sure that you find the best clients and the most challenging projects for our team.
- Come up with better strategies and processes to acquire new clients
- Talk to leads and prospective clients
- Methodically follow up with contacts
- Organize our sales pipelines
- Grow our client base
We've got a ton of exciting new leads coming in every week... so many that we need someone to talk to them, nurture them, and convert them into new, happy clients.
We want an energetic individual that can work in a dynamic environment and proactively drive overall sales performance. Seeking new business opportunities by contacting and developing relationships with potential customers is core to the role.
- At least 2 years of experience in business development roles
- Solid knowledge of sales in the information services industry
- A decision maker
- Someone results-driven
We are looking for someone who loves, or is excited to learn about:
- Productized Services
- Software Development Services
- Design Services
- Sales Pipelines
- “Engineering as Marketing”
- Online Marketing
A few questions...
- Are you an extrovert and proud of it?
- Do you love learning new platforms and programs, as long as they work?
- Are you a great listener?
- Are you ready to be a leader in business development?
Any of these sound like you? You might be who we are looking for!
About this Role
You’ll be helping our team decide which clients we want to work with, find challenging projects, and make sure that we continue to sign on new clients.
Some of your responsibilities:
- To be a proactive, self-directed team player with the ability to quickly adapt and prioritize projects effectively
- You will continually demonstrate the ability to proactively support and drive initiatives to further develop our sales pipeline
- To own the pre-sales process for inbound leads
- Negotiate contracts and close agreements to maximize profits and customer satisfaction
- Qualify leads from marketing campaigns as sales opportunities. Fine tune our sales pipelines to be as efficient and effective as possible
- Contact potential prospects (inbound leads) via email, phone, or Zoom. We don't cold call or cold email people
- Identify prospect's needs and suggest appropriate products/services we can offer to solve their needs
- Build long-term trusting relationships with prospects and clients. Proactively seek new business opportunities in the market
- Proposal authoring: Coordinate phases of proposal process, completing sections of every proposal using Google Doc templates. Quality assurance of proposals
- Service agreement authoring: Craft MSAs and Statements of Work for prospects
So, what do you really NEED to be the right candidate for this job?
Here are just a few other things about the right candidate:
- Proven work experience as an SDR, BDR, Biz Dev Coordinator, Sales Account Manager, Sales Representative or relevant role in the consulting services industry (at least 2 years)
- Demonstrable ability to communicate, present, and influence key stakeholders at all levels of an organization, including executive and C-level
- Solid experience with CRM software (bonus points if you have used HubSpot in the past), and MS Office (particularly MS Excel)
- Proven ability to juggle multiple sales development projects at a time, while maintaining sharp attention to detail
- Excellent listening, negotiation, and presentation abilities
- You love building relationships with people and believe that more can be accomplished through collaboration
- Someone who is results-driven and passionate about business development
- Fair understanding of sales performance metrics (including conversion rates, cost per lead, LTV)
This is a full-time position. You can either:
- Work from anywhere you want. This is a remote position as long as there is a 4 hours overlap with our main timezone (Eastern)
- You’re welcome to work with us at our coworking spaces (Philadelphia-based only)
About Our Company
We are an agile team who writes lean software to grow or improve your business. We’re a boutique agency, helping everyone from small dev teams to large-scale companies.
Before you apply, please read about our core values.
We are currently a small team consisting of about 8 software engineers, 2 project managers, and one administrative assistant. Our favorite movie of all time is Back to the Future (yes, we all love it! ⏰⬅️🚗💨⚡️)
Our team currently enjoys these benefits:
- Flexible work hours
- Relaxed company environment
- Work remotely or from a coworking space anywhere
- Competitive salary based on experience
- Raises based on performance every 6 months
- Tickets to conferences
- Parental leave: 8 weeks 100% paid, up to 6 months off
- One team retreat per year (last team retreat was in Punta Cana)
- English classes with our teacher (for non-native speakers)
- Two-weeks paid vacation (plus one day per year with the company)
- Local holidays (you get the holidays from the country you live in)
- $400 stipend per year for home office improvements
Diversity Matters to Us
OmbuLabs believes that there is great importance in fostering a diverse workplace. We are actively working to build diversity on our team.
OmbuLabs (The Lean Software Boutique LLC) does not discriminate in employment matters on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, military service eligibility, veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, or any other protected class.
We believe that diverse teams are smarter teams. There is value in all kinds of diversity. Making sure that we assemble our teams with talented and diverse people from all over the world is the best way to stay competitive in an industry with major problems in diversity.