Agile Project Manager
- Full-Time, Remote
- 4 hours/day overlap with UTC-5
- Mid to Senior Level
As part of our small and dynamic team you’ll be working mostly on our client projects. Our client projects are for very small to very large companies and everything in between. Projects range from shorter engagements of just a few weeks to multi-month commitments. Being a pro-active and involved team member will help you succeed in this role. We value excellent communication and self starters!
You will be managing ongoing projects using agile/lean methodologies, as well as discussing projects and building relationships with clients.
We want to hear from you if you love:
- Agile methodologies, like Scrum and Kanban
- Demo Calls
- Sprint planning calls
- Managing goal-oriented teams
- 5 Whys
- Tettra or other internal knowledge base tools
- An excellent communicator and organizer
- A decision maker
- Someone detail-oriented and practical
- A great listener who can ask questions for clarification that help articulate unspoken requirements
- Experienced and knowledgeable enough about the software industry to ask informed questions
- Solid knowledge of project management tools (we are currently using Jira for most projects)
- An advanced or native-level English speaker
Does any of this sound like you? If so, we want to hear from you!
About this Role
You’ll be helping the team communicate more effectively with current and future clients. You’ll be keeping projects on schedule.Some of your tasks will include:
- Confer with clients and team members by email and in Zoom/Meet meetings
- Check to ensure that appropriate changes were made to resolve clients' problems
- Develop and maintain long-term relationships with clients which result in new business opportunities
- Ensure that projects are completed in a timely fashion
- Communicate client needs and opportunities to the dev team to drive possible enhancements
- Keep records of client interactions or transactions, recording details of inquiries, complaints, or comments, as well as actions taken
- Work in tandem with the sales team to find new opportunities
- Manage projects within client relationships, working to carry out client goals while meeting company goals
- Collaborates with our Senior Agile Project Manager to achieve a smoothly running team
- Strong communicator and collaborator.
- Can hit the ground running and get up to speed quickly
- Resourceful and a good creative problem solver
- Comfortable and experienced with deadlines
- Has great attention to detail and brand quality
- Takes ownership and pride in their work
- Is not afraid of new challenges
- Loves learning new things and can implement new ideas quickly
- Adapts really well to changes on-the-go
- Can juggle lots of moving pieces while staying organized
This is a remote, full-time position. We require a minimum 4-hour overlap with Eastern Standard Time (UTC-5).
About Our Company
OmbuLabs is a boutique agency made up of talented individuals. We are an inclusive team who value diversity of all kinds. We help our clients feel confident that we understand their needs and always strive to go above and beyond expectations. We care about each other and the work that we do. As an organization we prioritize a sustainable and flexible work environment that enables us to balance our lives with providing high-quality expert support to our clients.
Before you apply, please read about our core values.
We are a small team of full-time employees and contractors. Currently, our team is about 25 people, but growing quickly. We really like each other and value our team culture of openness and fun. One thing about us is that our favorite movie is Back to the Future (yes, we all love it! ⏰⬅️🚗💨⚡️)
Our team currently enjoys these benefits:
- Remote work from anywhere (we currently have team members in 8 countries).
- Flexible hours. We only require a 4-hour overlap between 9am to 5pm UTC-5 (i.e. East Coast Time).
- We offer competitive salaries and career growth opportunities.
- Paid open source time during working hours. We want you to work on passion projects!
- Yearly team retreats. The last one was in Punta Cana, Dominican Republic
- Parental leave of 8 weeks 100% paid and up to 6 months off.
- 2 weeks paid vacation, plus one day for every year with the company, and holidays. We also offer flexible sick days and personal time off.
- The whole team takes off the last week of the year.
- We encourage you to take off holidays your country celebrates.
- English classes for non-native speakers
- A work laptop (MacBook Pro)
- Tickets to conferences
Ready to Apply? Great!
Our application is a quick questionnaire. We don’t require a cover letter or resume. Instead, we have a few questions for you to answer.
OmbuLabs believes in workplace diversity. We encourage qualified candidates from all backgrounds and parts of the world to apply.
OmbuLabs (The Lean Software Boutique LLC) does not discriminate in employment matters on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, military service eligibility, veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status, special needs/conditions, or any other protected class
We believe that diverse teams are smarter teams. There is value in diversity. Ensuring that our teams include talented and diverse people from all over the world helps us to stay competitive in an industry lacking in diversity.